Stepping Stones DS is an entirely self-funded group. It costs around £12,000 per month to maintain our current level of support and activities and every single penny comes from donations, grants or fundraising so any support you can give is invaluable.
Covid-19 is severely impacting our ability to fundraise. We estimate to be losing at least £25,000 in funds over the next 4-6 months. However, you can support our SSDS Virtual Marathon as part of the #twopointsixchallenge. 10 participants including several of our member families, our CEO and Chair will be completing 2.6 miles on 26th April. Our combined total will equal a full marathon, on the day the London Marathon would have been taking place. Please do support us here: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/SSDSVirtualMarathon
How you can help
- Take part in a sponsored fundraising event, every penny really does make a difference to the families we support. Get in touch and we can provide you with a running vest and advice on setting up and getting the most out of your Virgin Giving page.
- Organise a fundraising event, for example a cake sale, fashion show, a dress down day or a sponsored swim, get in touch and we can provide you with support, advice and materials.
- Nominate Stepping Stones DS to be a charity of the year at your workplace, school, sports club – previous supporters include Connect Plus Services, O2e, Insurance Institute of Guildford and the AA.
- Simply text SSDS21 £5 to 70070 to donate £5 and make a difference today.
- If you are shopping online you can through the Easy Fundraising Website and donate cash back to Stepping Stones DS.
- If you shop on Amazon then Stepping Stones DS is registered with Amazon Smile, so every time you checkout you could be helping us support our members and their families, and it won’t cost you a penny, see our Donate to Stepping Stones page for more details.
- If you need to buy name labels for school uniform etc then consider buying through Easy2Name and entering Stepping Stones DS in the code box to give a donation
- If you would like to hold or take part in a fundraising event, or volunteer your time please do get in touch, or email us.
Stepping Stones DS fundraises by collecting a range of recyclable materials shown on the image below – collection points can be found at More Than Coffee, Fleet; Laura Loves, Grove Farm, Crookham Village; Satin Hair Design, The Verne, Church Crookham and Pistachios in the Park, Sandhurst. If you would like more information, to become a collection point or to support our fundraising through recycling, please get in touch.
Every penny counts!
- £5 pays for one child to attend a sensory suite session
- £10 pays for one child to attend one of our monthly physical activity classes
- £20 pays for one child to attend a therapeutic riding lesson
- £50 pays for one preschool child to attend a session of our monthly communication group
- £150 pays for a termly outreach visit
- £250 pays for a child to attend our dance and drama activity for a year
- £600 pays for a training session with a recognised expert for 30 parents and professionals